WSJ seeks a personal finance reporter in pursuit of happiness
The Wall Avenue Journal’s Private Finance bureau seeks a reporter to address the pursuit of pleasure, by which we necessarily mean not just a superior mood, but a superior lifestyle.
You will dig into the ever-shifting obstructions and avenues to wealth and prosperity in The usa, emerging threats to our economical wellbeing, and how the major news stories of the working day hit our wallets.
Personalized finance is not just about investing, conserving, borrowing and investing, but coming to conditions with our fears and desires. A lot of the traditional money playbook is becoming revised in actual time through this era of superior anxiety, significant inflation, and Excellent Resignation. Amongst the important concerns in this article: How are people redefining the fantastic daily life? Exactly where are persons working into issues? And what can they do about it?
This conquer is an chance to convey to distinct tales that assist men and women deal with financial challenges at every single life stage. The purpose is to adjust the way people talk and believe about cash and lifetime, to use phrases, online video, audio, and charts to produce one of a kind and valuable journalism that aids readers’ pursuit of richer lives for them selves and their cherished types.
There is no GPS unit for navigating cash and lifestyle decisions, but your protection really should help folks steer themselves in the right path.
In this work, you will:
- Bounce on information and spot story angles and developments that retain us ahead of the competitors.
- Produce commonly and will go after prolonged, medium and brief-term stories, often collaborating with other reporters in our newsroom.
- Be element of an innovative, nimble bureau that forges limited connections with its viewers. The chances for experimentation are several, as are the off-platform areas of the job, from podcast interviews to are living activities to Twitter video clips.
- Enthusiasm for spotting the good story angles others move by.
- Know-how of income and finance, and can reveal a track file of manufacturing demanding, readable journalism in own finance.
- Fanatical devotion to fairness, precision and detail.
You will report to Jeremy Olshan, bureau main for Particular Finance. Whilst you will likely get started remotely, the job is dependent in New York.
To use, make sure you submit your resume, a address letter detailing how you would strategy the job and examples of your work.
To utilize, go in this article.