5 Steps to Get Started with YouTube Creator Studio (+3 Tips & Tricks)
Spending money and time getting the best video recording tools and making the most fantastic content is just half the job done.
With 500 hours of videos uploaded every minute, you have to work extra smart to make it big on Youtube.
The next crucial step is to engage with your audience and get deeper insights into your channel’s performance.
Luckily, YouTube has created the YouTube Creator Studio to manage, monitor, and monetize your YouTube channel efficiently.
Combining a solid YouTube marketing strategy with a good understanding of this platform is crucial for your channel to reach a larger audience and find success on YouTube.
In this article, we’ll show you how to get started with YouTube Creator Studio as well as how to leverage SocialPilot to boost your Youtube marketing.
Ready to level up? Let’s start with the essentials.
What is Youtube Creator Studio?
YouTube Creator Studio, or “YouTube Studio,” as it’s officially called, is the control tower of your channel. It’s where you upload and manage the videos you have posted, respond to comments, analyze how your content performs, and monetize your channel.
The studio gives you access to tons of features and recommendations to help you manage your channel more effectively.
If you want to grow your YouTube channel, then you must master how to use YouTube Creator Studio.
Follow the steps below to get started.
5 Essential Steps to Get Started With YouTube Creator Studio
Navigating the YouTube Creator Studio can be a bit tricky because there are a lot of tools to explore and understand. Not to worry, though; we have broken down the essentials, so you can get started quickly.
Step 1: Navigate to YouTube Studio
- Go to studio.youtube.com and sign in
- Click on your profile picture in the top right corner
- Select “YouTube Studio” from the drop-down menu
- On the left-hand side of the screen, browse the tabs to navigate and get a feel of your studio.
Step 2: Explore Your Creator Dashboard
From the YouTube Creator Studio dashboard, you’ll find all the handy information you need to create your growth strategy. You’ll see analytics of your top videos, current subscribers, and a summary of your views and watch time for the last 28 days.
Find all this information on different cards named “Your Latest Upload” and “Channel Analytics.”
- Start by reviewing how your most recent video is performing
- Check recent comments you haven’t responded to
- Review personalized suggestions on best practices to grow your channel
- Look at important notifications to confirm that you don’t have any monetization issues or copyright violations.
- Watch the latest updates from YouTube to learn what’s new on Creator Studio.
Step 3: Manage Your Content
Manage your content by clicking on the “Content” tab to the left of your dashboard. Here you’ll see a list of all your videos and live streams, as well as a snapshot of the number of views, comments, and likes.
Right below the “Content” tab is the YouTube Creator Studio “Playlists” tab, where you can create a collection of videos related to a specific topic in which your audience is interested.
All videos in a playlist are linked, so as soon as a viewer finishes one video, the next one plays automatically. This is a great way to boost your channel’s watch time.
Step 4: Monitor the Performance of Your Channel and Videos
Go to your YouTube Creator Studio Analytics to find video metrics and reports.
Analytics helps you figure out what works and how you need to improve to gain more views and engagement. Pay attention to views and watch time, as those are the essential metrics that YouTube considers to rank the video.
Step 5: Review Your Monetization Tab
Once you’re accepted to the YouTube Partner Program, you can make money from advertising revenue, channel membership, or a merch shelf.
The basic requirements for eligibility are that you:
- Have 1,000 subscribers or more.
- Get up to 4,000 watch hours within 12 months.
- Live in a country that is part of the partner program.
- Link an AdSense account.
- Have zero community strikes.
Once eligible, you can use the “monetization” tab to update your merchandise and membership settings.
Tips to improve video performance from YouTube Creator Studio
Once you have uploaded your videos to YouTube Creator Studio, it’s time to optimize, edit, and customize each video to ensure the algorithm works in your favor.
Tips to increase visibility
The “Content” tab is the revised version of the old “Video Manager.” This is where you make all the little edits that make a big difference.
Follow these tips on how best to use Youtube Creator Studio Content to increase the visibility and ranking of your videos:
- Use catchy and creative video titles, including keywords your audience is searching for, and keep the length of your video title between 50-70 characters
- Write Search Engine Optimized (SEO) video descriptions to help more people discover your videos
- Add striking video thumbnails that emphasize your titles because great visuals attract viewers
- Add tags with keywords and a niche category to help your videos reach higher in-search results
Tips to boost engagement
There’s no point in getting tons of views if people don’t leave comments and likes on your videos. You can use several features to boost engagement, but one highly recommended feature is the YouTube Creator Studio Playlist.
- Create playlists that automatically play in a sequence to increase your watch time
- Follow the first-10-seconds rule to hook the audience and keep them engaged. Think of the first 10 seconds as a mini trailer. You must show and tell your audience why they need to keep watching your video.
- Keep your videos as short as possible and add closed captions or subtitles to accommodate a wide range of viewers
- Add links to related content during your video or with an end card to drive traffic to other videos on your channel.
- Encourage comments by asking your viewers to share their opinions and interacting with them in the comments section, especially within the first 24–48 hours
- Collaborate with other channels, especially with creators who have previously mentioned you
Tips to optimize for monetization
The first step to making money on YouTube is getting accepted into the YouTube Partner Program. Reaching partner status requires you to have up to 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 watch hours. But after hitting those goals, what next?
- Go to your YouTube Studio
- Click on the “Content” tab and select the video you want to monetize
- Next, click on “Monetize” and choose the ads you want to display on your selected video.
Note: In addition to monetizing videos via AdSense, you can also participate in YouTube affiliate marketing and brand sponsorships. Ensure you have a solid system in place to manage your business finances as you expand your monetization streams.
Automate Your YouTube Video Marketing with SocialPilot
While discussing tools that help you win the Youtube marketing game, you can’t help but consider SocialPilot.
Especially when you have tons of Youtube channels to manage at once.
We understand that managing multiple YouTube channels can be time-consuming. Meeting up with various publishing times and keeping your team looped in at every stage of the editorial process can take time and effort.
With SocialPilot, you can schedule and publish Youtube video content while seamlessly collaborating with your team.
SocialPilot’s Youtube scheduling tool enables you to manage multiple channels, smartly schedule posts, personalize video captions with finesse, and communicate with clients and team members to avoid hiccups.
Moreover, you can integrate with Canva or its inbuilt image editor to upload and fix your beautiful video thumbnails. This ensures you maintain an active channel without spending valuable time on manual tasks.
Youtube Creator Studio is designed to improve your experience of uploading content, tracking the performance of your videos, and optimizing your channel for growth.
Whether you’re just starting out or figuring out better ways to grow your already existing channel, combining YouTube Creator Studio with a great video marketing tool like SocialPilot, will set you up for success and help you reach your goals much faster.